Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good Evening!






Hey everyone, or maybe just you. Taking it easy tonight, listening to some music on Pandora, and taking apart my Xbox. For some reason the disc drive no longer wants to eject, or inject either for that matter. It's presently stuck 1/4 ejected, or 3/4 injected, if such terminology is applicable to the situation. So now I'm taking it apart! Found a nice video on how to do so. These things kinda suck. And then I determined that the next piece is held in with torx screws! Yay! So I tracked down a torx bit, and I have nothing to use it with. I can't find the really neat tool my sister gave me a while back, I'm sure it's somewhere. I'll end up using this 1/4 drive wrench, that should be fun. Ah well, back to this! :)

Well, finished, reassembled, and currently functional. I found the source of the trouble I believe, it's hard to see in the photo, but this gear, some of the teeth have been stripped from it, in the smaller middle gear part. Maybe what they say about not shoving your drive back in has some truth? Who knows. Anyway, can't think of a way to fix that right now, but it was fun none the less. The inside of the 360 was surprisingly clean, and very simple. Everything snaps together, some of which was a pain, but a lot of it was very intuitive. I like it.

5 comments:

  1. is it working again? doesn't sound like it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it is. The part is still wonky, but it is currently functional. I don't know if I can stick some epoxy on it, and carve some new threads in the gear or something..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and when I went to post my first comment, guess what the word verification was.

    SISTER

    How bizarre!

    ReplyDelete